Friday, January 21, 2011

Tear

by K

Well friends, this has been a bittersweet week for the Graceful Navigation duo as Wednesday marked L's last day here in our little corner of the advertising world - which means Thursday marked my first day of being a total downer at work because my sister from another mister isn't here. Now, I typically pride myself on the ability to snap out of a bum mood pretty quickly, so hopefully by Monday I'll start getting back to my (mostly) cheery self, but for now I figured I'd just let myself mope for a couple of days. While I'm at it, I thought I'd take a minute to post here publicly about just how much I'll miss L, and to make sure she knows that I think she's pretty awesome. Because she is.

As my last post noted, I've become recently obsessed with the blog Kendi Everyday, and some stumbling around on there a couple weeks ago led me to this image:


While I'm not super crazy about Kendi's cute bun popping up at the bottom of the image, I am quite in love with the quote and think it's incredibly fitting for myself and L and our dream-filled little lives.

So, L, as we clearly have our castles built way up in the air, here's hoping we can start to build the foundations under them and head towards our dreams. We may not be the best at keeping up a blog, but I have high hopes that we are destined for greatness, and that greatness may or may not involve a barn, but we'll figure it out. I will miss our almost daily chatter about starting a business and becoming insanely popular bloggers, but since I will still insist on seeing you as often as possible and gchat works whether we're in the same office or not I'm sure we'll find plenty of time to keep on dreaming. And hey, if we're lucky, we'll find a little time to start following those dreams, building those foundations, and inching closer and closer to the castles in the air.

Whether I like it or not, I know you're going to impress the hell out of your new coworkers and make them all wonder what they've ever done without you. Don't become friends with anyone cooler than me, k? (Although, that may leave you with no one to talk to as most everyone is cooler than me. Hmm.)

I miss you friend! Love, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment