Friday, October 8, 2010

10 for 10

by K

Since I was a total debbie downer on the blog yesterday, I thought it would be a good idea to come back today to kick off the long weekend (insert squeal of joy here) with something a little lighter and a whole lot more positive. Go team optimism!!

I'm also posting this without L knowing and nominating her to participate with me. Bahahaha. I figure since the idea is coming from someone we both have the utmost respect for, she'll go for it. But if not, I won't hold it against her. Well, maybe. ;)

While thousands of people are gearing up to run this Sunday's Chicago Marathon, I've yet to run more than a few blocks this decade, but I figured I still needed to do a little somethin' somethin' to commemorate 10-10-10... and then I saw this:



That's right friends, it's the one and only SUPER fine Kiptyn Locke of ABC's greatest guilty pleasure Bachelor/ette franchise!! You'd better believe I follow him (and about 30 other former "contestants") on twitter, and I am damn proud of it thankyouverymuch. Anyways - not only is he Cute with a capital C, but Kiptyn is apparently also a major do-gooder, which as you might know is TOTALLY my type. (I mean, the bf works in youth ministry - not exactly sure how I managed to snatch up such a good one, but I'm definitely glad I did!)

SO, the idea is simple - 10 things to make a positive impact in 10 days, starting on - you guessed it - 10-10-10. From what I've seen on twitter, it sounds like any little act of positivity, kindness, or grace will count, so while I plan to try and figure out at least a couple of "substantial" things to do, I also plan to make this actually doable with things like buying an extra value meal at Mickey D's for someone on the street or something (extra bonus points if I manage to not swipe the Monopoly game pieces from the fries first). I obviously don't have boatloads of cash to be throwing at charities or anything, but I'm a firm believer in the little things, and I'm confident I can pull of 10 of them over the next several days. Besides, anyone who has seen me clomping around the halls at work with a scowl on my face this week can agree, I could use a little extra positivity in my life right now!

Wish me luck as I spend a chunk of October trying to make the world a teeny tiny bit better in my own way. What do you say L? Up for it?!?

PS - for anyone who caught that bit up front about me saying I have the utmost respect for a former Bachelorette finalist, rest assured - that was NOT a typo, I just really am that pitiful. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment